|Title of the article
ANALYSIS OF CONDITION AND TRENDS IN PRODUCTION
OF INTEGRAL DATA CONVERTERS OF S∆-ARCHITECTURE
Ashanin Vasiliy Nikolaevich, Candidate of engineering sciences, professor, head of sub-department of electrical engineering and transport electrical equipment, Penza State University
(40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Chuvykin Boris Viktorovich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of data-computing systems, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), Chuvykin_bv@mail.ru
Korotkov Aleksey Aleksandrovich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Sidorova Irina Aleksandrovna, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza,
Background. At the present time integrated data converters with ΣΔ-architecture are the most mass types of electronic component base abroad. In Russia, interest in developing complex functional blocks based on ΣΔ-conversion of information is connected with the implementation of the federal target program "Development of Electronic Component Base and Radio Electronics " in 2008-2015. The aim of this work is to identify the perspective directions and regularities in production of data converters by industry-leading corporations such as Analog Devices, Texas Instru-ments, Maxim Integrated Products.
Materials and methods. According to classification signs (integrator type, modulator order, number of cascades, quantizer level) the authors collected information on 242 chips: 116 – Texas Instruments/Burr-Brown, 93 – Analog Devices, 33 – Maxim Integrated Products. The circular chart illustrating volumes of release of chips with ∑∆-architecture during the period 1996-2013 years is constructed. The article includes calculation in percents of a number of Front-End’s, converters with a continuous integrator, multichannel converters.
Results. The authors revealed the ependence of an effective number of bits on integrator type (continuous, continuous - discrete). The dependence of linearity of transformation on quantizer level (one-bit, multibit) was also designated. The authors proved a small number of produced multicascade structures and showed the importance of the digital filter-decimator as a part of the converter.
Conclusions. At the present time, taking into account high linearity Σ∆-modulators and achievements of MEMS technology, the increasing consumers’ and producers’ popularity is won by the Front-End's. The market finally is taken by Σ∆-converters with continuous and discrete integrators. Another tendency of development of the market of Σ∆-converters is the growth of channels number of signals transformation with the enclosed function of scaling thereof. New there occurs a ten-dency of using multicascade filters of high order (sinc4, sinc5), and also digital filters with the combined structure.
∑∆-ADC, ∑∆-modulator, ∑∆-architecture, data converters, continuous-time integrator, discrete-time integrator, order of modulator, level of quantizer.
|| Download PDF
1. Ashanin V. N., Chuvykin B. V., Shakhov E. K. SD-analogo-tsifrovye preobrazovateli: osnovy teorii i proektirovanie [SD-analog-digital converters: fundamentals of theory and design]. Penza: Inf.-izd. tsentr PGU, 2009, 188 p.
2. Schreier R., Temes G. C. Understanding delta-sigma data converters. New Jersey: IEEE Press., 2005, 446 p.
3. Kester U. Analogo-tsifrovoe preobrazovanie: per. s angl. [Analog-digital conversion: translation from English]. Moscow: Tekhnosfera, 2007, 1015 p.
4. Ashanin V. N., Shakhov E. K. Datchiki i sistemy [Sensors and systems]. 2006, no. 7, pp. 2–7.
5. Ashanin V. N., Chuvykin B. V., Shakhov E. K. Teoriya integriruyushchego analogo-tsifrovogo preobrazovaniya [Theory of integrating analog-digital conversion]. Penza: Inf.-izd. tsentr PGU, 2009, 214 p.
6. Shlykov G.P. Tsifrovaya informatsionno-izmeritel'naya tekhnika:mezhvuz.sb.nauch.tr.[Digital data-measuring technology: interuniversity collected papers]. Issue 11. Pen-za: Izd-vo Penz. politekhn. in-ta, 1981, pp. 26–29.
7. Products for Analog to Digital Converter. Available at: http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/data-converters/analog-to-digital-converter-products.page
8. Available at: http://www.analog.com/ru/analog-to-digital-converters/ad-converters/ products/index.html
9. Precision Sigma-Delta ADCs. Available at: http://www.maximintegrated.com/products/
10. Ashanin V. N. Datchiki i sistemy [Sensors and systems]. 2011, no. 7, pp. 2–7.
11. Ashanin V. N. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Tekhnicheskie nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Engineering sciences]. 2011, no. 3 (19), pp. 98–104.